Have you ever yearned for a full smile after you lost a tooth or had one extracted? If they are your permanent teeth, no new ones will grow in. However, to avoid dangers to your remaining teeth and gums, the missing teeth must be replaced. Consider the benefits of dental bridges:
– Dental bridges can last a lifetime of normal use, but in some cases, you should consider having them repaired or replaced after a decade or so.
– If you have missing teeth, simple skills such as eating and speaking can be severely hindered. Dental bridges work to restore the functions back to their proper levels.
– When you lose teeth, the area left behind can often create a situation that allows other teeth to move and shift out of their position.
– Missing teeth increases your likelihood of developing misalignments and malocclusions in your smile.
– Dental bridges often fill the voids left behind by missing or lost teeth. This helps ensure a healthier mouth, as these areas, if left unchecked, often become havens for bacteria and plaque to manifest. Filling in gaps left behind by missing teeth with treatments such as dental bridges lowers your risk for common oral health disorders such as tooth decay and gum disease.
If you have any missing teeth or have recently undergone a tooth extraction, it is in your best interest to have them replaced as soon as possible. Dr. Greg Ortman and our team at Ortman Family Dentistry will help you with your oral health care in any way we can. If you would like to schedule a visit to our dentist office in Lafayette, Indiana, please call us at 765-447-0322. We look forward to hearing from you soon!