If you are looking for a healthy option for missing teeth in your smile, a dental bridge might be just the right solution for your needs. Gaps in your smile don’t just affect your appearance, but they also affect smile function. Let’s take a look at some of the things that can happen when these gaps are left untreated:
- You are more prone to gum disease and tooth decay.
- Your smile’s appearance suffers as the gaps stand out when you smile or speak.
- Your speech can be affected.
- The remaining teeth in your mouth can shift.
- Your bite may be altered.
- If your bite is altered, you are susceptible to temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) as your teeth are subjected to uneven pressure when chewing.
Dr. Greg Ortman and our team at Ortman Family Dentistry provide dental bridges as successful solutions for our patients in Lafayette, Indiana, with missing teeth. A dental bridge is a non-removable restoration solution that supports your smile whether you are missing several teeth in a row or just one. This fixed restoration uses two or more crowns for the remaining teeth on either side of the gap. Also known as abutment teeth, these teeth anchor the false tooth that is placed in the gap.
To find out if a dental bridge is a healthy option for your smile, please contact our Ortman Family Dentistry team at 765-447-0322 today to schedule your consultation with our dentist in Lafayette, Indiana. Dr. Greg Ortman and our team look forward to providing you with the healthy solutions your smile deserves!