We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the Indiana Dental Association (IDA), the American Dental Association® (ADA), and the Center for Disease Control Prevention (CDC). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be listed. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to the recommendations of each agency.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will have you call or text (765)447-0322 from your vehicle when you arrive. Please wait in your vehicle and our office will call or text once we are ready for you to enter the office. No one will be allowed to accompany you into the office unless it is absolutely necessary.
- You will have your temperature and pulse taken at the front desk.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter and exit the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments for your routine cleaning will be made in the room with your hygienist and we will call you for any scheduling needs regarding further restorative treatment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call or text our office (765)447-0322 or visit our website at ortmandental.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.